- Bars which have the diameter more than 36 mm should avoid lapping.
- The maximum chair spacing is 1.00 m (or) 1 No per 1m2.
- Minimum 12 mm diameter needed for dowel rod.
- 12 mm diameter bar should be used in chair.
- The longitudinal reinforcement should follow the range between 0.8 – 6 per cent of gross CS.
- For circular column, bars would be 4 Nos and 6 Nos.
- Slabs are important in any construction. The main bar slab (8 mm HYSD) or 10mm (plane bar), distributor should not be less than 8 mm and more than 1/8th of slab’s thickness.
- 125 mm is minimum slab thickness.
- Concrete free fall maximum maximum 1.50 m.
- Remember lap slice should not be used in the bar larger than 36 mm.
- Brick water absorption should not be 15 per cent.
- PH value of water has to be 6.
- Brick compressive strength 3.5 N / mm2.
- 8 kg per MT is the measurement of steel reinforcement binding wire.
- Samples for ore cutting test in the soils filling for every 100m2.
Quantity of Concrete
No. of cubes required
1 – 5 m3
6 0 15 m3
16 – 30 m3
31 – 50 m3
Above 50 m3
4 + 1 No’s of addition of each 50 m3