Saturday, January 21, 2017
This construction video is a part of technical lectures on Civil Engineering. The video will introduce you with the detailed processes for estimating cutting length of bent up bar in slab
If the reinforcing bars are fabricated with bends, the straight bar is primarily sliced to a length below the sum of the indicated dimensions of the bent bar. The variation among the detailed length and the cut length is defined as the "bend curvature deduction" and alternatively called as gain, creep, and gyp.
When the bent-up bars are supplied, their support to the shear resistance shall not be in excess of half that of the total shear reinforcement.
The general method of bending of a bar adjacent to a support is at an angle of 450. The angle of bend may set at 300 in shallow beams where actual depth is below 1.5 times its breadth. The objective of bend adjacent to a support is as below :-
To withstand negative bending moment happening at the region of the support to withstand shear force that is superior at the support.
Friday, January 20, 2017
A Bored Pile stands for a nondisplacement form of foundation and bored piling is a system that is applied for boring a spherical hole into the ground as well as setting up steel reinforcement and filling the bore hole by concrete to develop a pile. Boring is executed to the design depth with the use of a crane mounted or a track mounted hydraulic drilling rigs.
Bored piling is useful for withstanding heavy vertical loads generated in high building. Bored pile is a cast-in-place concrete pile that is casted on construction site.
Usually bored piling is undertaken on those high buildings or enormous industrial complexes, for which foundation should be strong enough to carry the load of thousands of tons, particularly in unsteady or tough soil conditions. Bored piling machine that contains specially designed drilling tools, buckets and grabs is used to cast bored piling. It is applied to take out the soil and rock. Generally it can drill into 50metres depth of soil.
Benefits of Bored Piling
- Capability to bear very high load / shear / moment capacity
- Inferior noise and vibration
- Ground is “visible” throughout construction that allows validation of design assumptions
- Capacity to deal with unfavorable ground along with natural or artificial obstacles
- Ability to drill into hard rock
- Can be built up to tight tolerances
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Concrete and mortar are two most vital building elements for any construction work. But both the materials are different in nature. Go through the following article to know the fundamental discrepancies among concrete and mortar.
Concrete is a composite material produced from a mixture of sand, cement, aggregates and water in required proportions.
Concrete refers to a composite material that is formed with some basic elements like water, aggregate (rock, sand, or gravel) and amalgamated with a fluid cement that hardens in due course.
If aggregate is combined jointly with dry Portland cement and water, it produces a fluid mass that can be smoothly molded into shape. A chemical reaction happens between cement, water and other ingredients to develop a hard matrix that joins the materials together into a strong stone-like material. Sometimes, additives like pozzolans or superplasticizers are provided in the mixture to make the physical properties of the wet mix or the finished material superior.
Mortar is developed by mixing cement, sand and water and applied to tie building blocks like stones, bricks, and concrete masonry units jointly as well as fill and close the uneven gaps among them.
VARIANCE AMONG MORTAR AND CONCRETE:
1. Concrete is developed by mixing cement, sand, aggregates and water, whereas the mortar is formed by mixing cement, sand and water.
2. Concrete is more durable as compared to mortar.
3. The water-cement ratio is greater in mortar. The water is utilized to hydrate the cement and retain the mix collectively. But the objective of concrete is to maintain the water-cement ratio as low as possible.
4. After mixing, Mortar becomes much condensed substance as compared to concrete. Mortar acts like a glue to fix the bricks together. Because of superior strength and longevity concrete is mostly recommended for all types of construction works like buildings, bridges, roads etc.
5. Concrete sustains for a long time but mortar should be substituted by every 20 – 30 years.
Article Source : www.dailycivil.com
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
This is a useful video for construction professionals. The video will teach you how to estimate weight of steel. In this video, two diverse formulas are applied – Density Method and D square /162 Method.
Density refers to the mass of an object that is divided with its volume. Density frequently contains units of grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm3). Keep in mind, grams mean a mass and cubic centimeters mean a volume (the identical volume as 1 milliliter).
As density is mass per unit volume, the density of a metal is measured by submerging it in an identified amount of water and computing how much the water increases. It is the volume of the metal. Its mass is calculated with a scale. The unit for density is gm/cm3.
Monday, January 16, 2017
A truss is formed with an assembly of inflexible & elastic members which are connected as the triangles to perform like a beam. The tensile stress of mild steel is secure for working and it is approx. 20 times as compared to structural timber. Therefore, steel trusses are considered as cost-effective, particularly for largest extents. The angles are treated as the most vital elements for steel roof truss among different shapes of steel sections due to their capability to withstand both compressive and tensile stresses in an effective manner. The supplementary angles are created inexpensively as well as connected without any difficulty.
Benefits of steel roof truss as compared to timber truss are presented below:
1. Steel trusses last long as compared to timber trusses.
2. Steel sections that develop the truss are lightweight and are constructed in any preferred pattern to match the requirement of any architectural work.
3. As it is made with steel, the material is not damaged by white ants or other insects.
4. Steel trusses contain strong fire-resisting capacity as compared to timber trusses.
5. As there are no span limitations with steel trusses, they can be utilized for industrial buildings and various other structures where large areas can be covered devoid of any obstructions which may occur to columns etc.
6. The sections which develop a steel truss can be smoothly transported.
7. The sections are acquired in any preferred form or length to match the requirements and less wastage of the material occurs in cutting etc.
8. Due to their trouble-free erection methods, the advancement of roofing work with steel trusses can be done rapidly.
Article Source : www.dailycivil.com
Friday, January 13, 2017
A combined footing generally withstands the load of two or more adjoining columns. This kind of footing is offered under the following circumstances:
1) When the columns are very close to each other as a consequence their footing overlap.
2) When the bearing capacity of soil is fewer, necessitating more region under singular footing.
3) When the end column is near a property line so that its footing cannot be spread in that direction.
A combine footing may be of different in plan such as rectangular or trapezoidal. The goal is to obtain identical pressure distribution under the footing. For this the CG of footing are should coincide with the CG of the combine loads of the two columns. There are basically four sorts of combine footing ordinarily used. They are as follows:
1) Combine rectangular footing
2) Combine trapezoidal footing
3) Strap beam footing
4) Raft footing.
To get better understanding not only it is mandatory to download pdf and but this numerical is of combine trapezoidal footing which is must watch also.
Thursday, January 12, 2017
In this session of learning we feature an estimating sample which is specially designed for painting contractors and also it is very beneficial.
The fastest, easiest and most complete estimating software there is for Painting Contractors. In this video you will learn to utilize the tools for estimating too.
This lesson is absolutely perfect for painting contractors or any subcontractor trade for that matter. This estimation is very well performed with proper demonstration it will certainly help contractors to cut the estimating time in half.
Watch the detailed estimating procedure below: