To build up a quality, durable and strong structure, the concrete that is used should contain standard quality. A good quality concrete should be stable, condensed, workable and cost-effective.
The following properties should be maintained to produce a good quality concrete :-
1. The quality of aggregate should have been rigid and long-lasting.
2. The grading of the aggregates should be done perfectly and consistently.
3. Adequate quantities of cement should included in concrete to maintain necessary strength and water-resistance capability.
4. The water does not contain any organic or deleterious materials.
5. The quantity of water should be maintained in such a manner so that the uniformity is retained properly.
6. The proportion of water-cement should keep as minimum as possible.