There are several manufacturers for cement. Be careful before purchasing any cement bag as sometime it is found that the cement bags delivered to jobsite are duplicates. So, it is necessary to verify some basic standard specification prior to purchase cement bags. Given below, the detailed information which are generally printed on a standard cement bag. While buying or obtaining cement bags, these information should be tallied carefully:-
02. Black colored ISI mark should have been printed on the cement bags. It complies with each requirement of the specifications.
03. The words ‘Ordinary Portland Cement, 53 Grade ’or‘Ordinary Portland Cement, 53-S Grade or Portland Pozzolana Cement whichever is relevant should be mentioned in the bag.
04. Net quantity of cement in kg should vary from 25 Kg, 50 Kg etc.
06. Verify the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) of bag
07. The words ‘Use no Hooks’ or symbol should be given in the bag.
09. Address of the manufacturer should be provided.
10. Type and proportion of performance improver(s) should be included, in a case of inclusion of performance improvers.