Thursday, June 9, 2016
A Position Is Vacant For Quantity Surveyor In Glasgow
Deanston Cooper is inviting applications for the position of a Quantity Surveyor who will perform a national civil engineering contractor located at Glasgow. Projects are worth £10 million contain include roads, bridges, groundworks, infrastructure works and sub stations.
Duties and Responsibilities :-
• To communicate with the operational management and provide suggestions on all matters regarding Contract and Commercial issues.
• To sustain correct financial control systems and report in each month on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
• To deal with and instruct on all financial aspects of contracts, certifying that valuations are optimized, validated and disbursed in time.
• To check advancement on site regularly and play a vital role in issuing essential notices according to contract processes and timescales.
• To organize cost predictions and value of all trades together with Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
• To arrange Preliminaries budgets along with contract staff, supervise and report on same.
• Make sure that all quotations are cautiously examined and adhere to the specification confirming that the most competitive bids are attained.
• Make sure that monthly meetings are organized properly to settle variations and not kept pending to the final account stage.
• Make sure that quotations for supplementary works are perfect and acquired on time.
• To handle subcontractors accounts precisely and efficiently to augment contract performance.
• Procure competitive advantage
• Be present at progress and other meetings as required to exemplify the company’s interests.
• To work in tandem with the site management team, as necessary, safeguarding labour, materials and Sub-contractors to guarantee that contracts are executed timely and within budget.
• Well versed with HND Quantity Surveying
• Related experience obtained performing with another civil engineering contractor
• Very good spoken and written communication skills
• Outstanding analytical & problem solving skills
Salary is offered £48 000 together with other facilities like plus car / car allowance and pension.