- Statewide Development Centers in Mahoning County, $937,500 through the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
- Youngstown Radio Reading Service, $8,170 through the Ohio Broadcast Media Commission.
- Southern Park Historic District in Mahoning County, $250,000 through the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission.
- Butler Institute of Art in Youngstown, $279,717 through the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission.
- Stambaugh Auditorium in Youngstown, $500,000 through the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission.
- DeYor Performing Arts Center in Youngstown, $100,000.
- The Nursing Outreach Initiative in Mahoning County at Eastern Gateway Community College, $250,000.
- Elevator replacements at Youngstown State University, $2.5 million.
- Utility upgrades and expansions at YSU, $2.5 million.
- Campus building upgrades at YSU, $1.5 million.
- Roof repairs and replacements at YSU, $1.5 million.
- Instructional space improvements at YSU, $1 million.
- Campus lighting upgrades at YSU, $800,000.
- Moser Hall Advanced Manufacturing Lab at YSU, $700,000.
- Restroom renovations at YSU, $400,000.
- Youngstown Tech Block Building No. 5 at YSU, $1.5 million.
- Museum of Ceramics in Columbiana County, $223,850 through the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission.
- Science Lab Expansion at Kent State University in Salem, $500,000.
- Classroom building renovations at Kent State University in East Liverpool, $420,000.
- Tech Belt Oil and Gas Learning Center at Eastern Gateway Community College in Trumbull County, $250,000.
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning repairs and replacements at Kent State University's Trumbull County campus, $950,000.
- TBEIC Energy Integration Laboratory Shared Resource Center at Youngstown State University in Trumbull County, $250,000.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, $10 million.
- Fine Arts Building renovations at Kent State University's Stark County campus, $1.5 million.
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning repairs and replacements at Stark State College, $2.5 million.
- Student Center One renovations at Stark State College, $500,400.
- Atrium skylight glass replacement at Stark State College, $220,000.
- Parking lot improvements at Stark State College, $95,710.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Ohio Unveils Nearly $2.4 Billion in Building Projects in New Budget
Columbus: Gov. John Kasich and Republican lawmakers unveiled nearly $2.4 billion in planned building projects, outlined as part of a new biennial capital budget to be considered by the Ohio House and Senate soon.
The total includes $675 million for school repairs, about $450 million for colleges and universities, $369 million for road, bridge and related public works projects, $100 million in Clean Ohio funding for farmland, open spaces and related projects, and $574 million for state agencies' capital needs. The latter includes monies for improvements at state parks.
The new capital budget is up from about $1.8 billion OK'd for 2013-14; most of the projects are backed by long-term debt issued by the state. Administration officials estimate the spending proposal will create 31,000 jobs over the next several years.
The legislation included more than $14.7 million in projects in Mahoning County, about $1.1 million in Columbiana County, $14.8 million in Stark County and nearly $1.5 million in Trumbull County, including: