There will be wide-ranging workflows and intermutual step-by-step guidance which will be undertaken for common structure types like parking garages with post-tensioned girders and one-way slabs, mat/raft soil-supported foundations, two-way elevated slabs and transfer/podium slabs.
The attendee can acquire in-depth training concerning each specific structure type with ADAPT-Builder 2012 software (containing ADAPT-Floor Pro, Edge and MAT) in an interactive learning atmosphere. Special guidance will be provided for the utilization and incorporation of ADAPT-Edge, a newly launched multistory analysis tool by ADAPT.
One can gather practical expert knowledge & understanding on how to effectively utilize these software tools in the design phase and extend practical workflows for completing a project.
First Day - Parking Structure with PT Girders and One-Way Conventional Slab / Soil-supported Mat Foundation Design:
- Get acquainted with software tools applying the Finite Element Method (FEM) and the Equivalent Frame Method (EFM)
- Presentation and demonstration of a new multistory analysis tool for concrete structures, both traditionally reinforced and post-tensioned, ADAPT-Edge
- Explanation of workflows from start points regarding Revit integration, DWG/DXF files or other 3rd party software output
- Revit model integration with ADAPT-Builder and model authentication
- Pre-analysis formation concerning gravity and lateral loads, load patterns, elastic combination definition, long-term and cracked deflection combinations, stiffness and material assumptions
- A superior application for modeling involving components, finite element meshing, tendon modeling/optimization and analysis options
- Amendments for introducing mat foundation and load takedown
- Examination of the structure and creation of design criteria as well as design strips for beams/girders and one-way slabs
- Design strip implementation and drawing out of graphical and tabular results for report collection
- Export of reinforcement to Revit and Autocad
- Assessment of workflow for two-way slab systems in multistory structures or transfer/podium slabs
- Conversion of DWG/DXF files to structural components in ADAPT-Builder
- Formation of a multistory model from singular models or numerous drawing files
- Detailed modeling, analysis and design instruction for two-way slab systems similar to Day 1
- Evaluation of results and preparation of graphical reinforcement layout for export to Autocad
- New York, NY - September 19 - 20
- Vancouver, BC - September 25 - 26
- Phoenix, AZ - October 17 - 18
- Dallas, TX - November 7 - 8
www.quantity-takeoff.com (Get all types of estimating sheets, softwares, directory, news, building codes)