Quantity Take Off or QTO is a well known project estimating company serving to the contractors, home builders, architects, design- build firms and sub contractor trade. We are providing estimating service since 2002 with a great chronicle of success.
Corrective measure to check pile foundation failure
Pile foundation contains sound bearing strength, good durability and small differential settlement with regards to other foundation types.
Pile foundations are normally provided in the following conditions :-
1. Low bearing strength of soil. 2. Non-existence of perfect bearing stratum at shallow depths.
3. Greater loads from the super structure for which shallow foundation may not become inexpensive or feasible.
But pile foundations become damaged and collapse specifically throughout earthquakes because of the following purposes.
1. Inadequacy of sufficient boring 2. Improper soil grouping 3. Soft strata under tip of pile 4. Insufficient driving formula (wrong data)
5. Imperfect size of hammer leads to deficient penetration, too light or get damaged if too heavy 6. Misapprehension of load 7. Damaged of encased piles 8. Buckling of piles 9. Cracking of piles 10. Vibration that leads to lateral or vertical movement 11. Flowing strata resulting from adjoining excavation or bank sloughing 12. Tension failure of concrete pile for shortage of reinforcement 13. Eccentricity because of bowing or falling out of plumb 14. Deterioration caused by lower ground water level 15. Insect and marine borer attack and erosion
16. Detachment of concrete caused by poor quality of concrete or reactive aggregate 17. Failure of the thin shell of the piles 18. Overweight owning to earthfill.
Corrective measures to get rid of failure of pile foundation:
1. Preliminary repair like encasement or replacement 2. Extraction of partial load 3. Underpinning